Monday, January 24, 2011

Bryce Canyon National Park | January 2011

 Unfortunately my grandmother passed away on New Years Eve. She was an incredible person that I loved and respected. For many summers my parents would send me to go stay with Grandma and Grandpa for weeks at a time. My grandparents volunteered at the Red Canyon Visitor Center, gateway to Bryce Canyon National Park. We would camp in their trailer for a week or two at a time, heading back down to their house for the weekends. 

While the circumstances as to why I was in Southern Utah was unfortunate, I really enjoyed tracing the steps where so many of my adolescent memories were created.
On the road from Cedar City to Red Canyon.

Entering Red Canyon







 I'm sure these archers over the highway have history, but I just remember driving through them daily to "commute" to the visitor center.

















The highway between Red and Bryce canyons.


Dead tree at the top of Bryce, about 10,000 feet high.


Bryce Canyon as visible from the highest point.



It was COLD!

















As you go to lower and lower check points (about 2,000 feet below the highest point) the canyon becomes a lot more intricate.







 Heading back home, different views as we go the opposite way through Red Canyon.





The last rock formation before heading back to the flat lands.



No comments:

Post a Comment